- Notre Dame Law School, LLB, 1967
- University of Notre Dame, M.A., English, 1964
- University of Notre Dame, A.B., English, 1963
- 1972-1977 Special Program Environmental Affairs (Criminal Justice courses, undergraduate and graduate levels), Adjunct Professor
- 1967-1971 Business Law (Contracts, Real Estate, Negotiable Instruments; Secured Transactions; Agencies, Partnerships, Corporations, Legal Environment of Business), Adjunct Professor
- 1964-1967 Indiana University South Bend, English Department, Adjunct Professor
- Allstate Insurance Company
- Employers Mutual Insurance Company
- Hamilton Mutual Insurance Company
- Encompass Insurance Company
- Auto-Owners Insurance Company
- Colony Insurance
- American Family Mutual Insurance Company
- Liberty Bell Agency
- The Assurant Group
- Wendy's/Arby's Group
- Carlson Worldwide Restaurants, TGI Friday's, Inc.
Robert J. Konopa, Partner
Practice areas include civil litigation representing plaintiffs and defendants in legal areas including personal injuries, insurance litigation, product liability, railroads, trucking, medical and legal malpractice, commercial disputes, contract claims, mediations and arbitrations.
Robert J. Konopa was admitted to the Indiana Bar in 1967 following his graduation from The University of Notre Dame Law School. He has since practiced in both state and federal courts, trying cases for both plaintiffs and defendants. Bob is also a certified mediator.
Bob's extensive trial experience, combined with mediation skills acquired from formal training, experience and a negotiator's instincts, are particularly useful in complex cases, whether they involve personal injury, commercial or other civil litigation subject matters.
Bob was inducted as a Fellow in the prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers in 1990. Not more than one percent of the lawyers who are licensed to practice in a state may be selected as Fellows of the American College of Trial Lawyers.
He was an Associate Lecturer at Indiana University, South Bend from 1965-1977. He is a member of the Indiana State Bar Association and a recipient of the 2009 Litigation Section Civility Award. He is also a member of the Defense Research Institute, Inc. and Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana (Member, Board of Directors, 1996-98, Diplomate Award 2000), American Association for Justice and the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association. Bob has been selected by his peers for inclusion in the 18th anniversary edition of The Best Lawyers in America® (2012) in the specialties of Alternative Dispute Resolution, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation and Product Liability Litigation. He is one of a distinguished group of attorneys who have been listed in Best Lawyers® for over twenty years.
In January, 2009, Bob was selected for membership in The American Trial Lawyers Association for inclusion in the 2008-2009 Top 100 Trial Lawyers for the state of Indiana. Membership is by invitation and is extended only to those attorneys who exemplify superior qualifications, trial results and leadership within the trial attorney community.
In 1984, Bob achieved an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating granted for competency and ethics in law, a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.
- Indiana State Bar Association, 1967
- U.S. District Courts, Northern & Southern Districts of Indiana
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Robert A. Grant Inn of Court
(President, 1997-1999, Emeritus)
- Civil litigation
- Insurance defense